Friends of the Jonathan Edwards Center at TEDS may be interested in the following announcement …
The Jonathan Edwards Society is extending a call for papers for the Oct 4-7, 2012 conference on the theme of “Jonathan Edwards: An American Apocalyptic Prophet.”
The details below on paper submission are from the Jonathan Edwards Society website:
Some Suggested Topics
- Edwards’ eschatology and philosophy of history
- Edwards’ eschatology in its historical context
- American utopian and dystopian literature
- Utopian social experiments
- The social, political, and economic context of Edwards’ thought
- Contemporary cultural trends in light of Edwards’ eschatology and ethics.
- Abstracts: 200-word maximum
- Papers: 3,000-word maximum (designed for a reading time of 20 to 30 minutes)
Please include the following information:
- Academic status and institutional affiliation (if any)
- Mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number
Please submit your abstracts or papers (Microsoft-Word Format) by September 1st, 2012.
The conference registration fee is $50.00 for adults, $25.00 for college students, and $10.00 for high school students. Please make your check payable to The Jonathan Edwards Society and mail it to the address below.